Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!

2006 was a bitch of a year----the worst in my life to that point-----and 2007 was even worse for me. But life goes on and is still very worthwhile and good, and that's why I wish all my family and friends the very best for this new year. I hope on this day in 2009 you will be able to look back on 2008 and say, without exaggeration, that it was a very good year for you.

I've never been big on making resolutions, and I'm even less so since I now have such limited control over the major factors impacting my life. However, I have resolved to be more like the cartoon character Gumby in 2008. He's very flexible, and he's always smiling. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Di and I had our traditional New Year's Eve film festival last night, enjoying DVDs of Repo Man, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, the "Red Zone Cuba" episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, and Blue Velvet. Throw in some cheap but serviceable champagne, and a good time was had by all.