Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Odd Photos That I Have Taken

Back in the bad old days of film photography, I used to think quite a bit before taking a photo-----after all, Kodacolor was too precious to waste! But thanks to digital photography and cheap gigabit memory cards, I now snap away at anything that catches my attention. The result is a hard drive packed with visual oddities, like this snazzy little ice cream parlor I saw on the outskirts of Pahrump, Nevada:



















Pahrump also has some oddly-named streets, as this photo attests:



















I'm not sure what this is supposed to represent; it appears to be a whale bearing a cross across the desert. No doubt a heated debate is going on this very moment in the College of Cardinals about its theological implications:


















Green glow-in-the-dark condoms! Who says true romance is dead???



















I snapped this in the Sunset District of San Francisco; I've never seen or heard anything about "Golden Bridge Cola." Was this some sort of regional delicacy, much like Cheerwine and Sun Drop colas back in the Carolinas??


















Who says Reno, Nevada is exciting? Apparently not the fine folks at the Ho-Hum Motel!



















First the outlaw motorcycle gang descended upon their fair city, and then came. . . . . . the bowlers!!


















Finally, a lonely voice crying out in the wilderness:



















I have a lot of crap like the above, and I'll post more of them in the months ahead.